Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Deoch Mass 10-23-2019 - Dreamers



Aisling. A term meaning ‘dreamer’ in the old tongue, given to describe those of us reborn with the Spark. Fitting, isn’t it? We Aislings have dreamed countless contributions to Temuair of all sorts and enriched Temuair with an identity it would not have had otherwise… a Legacy that will stand long after this land fades into the void.

But imagine for a moment that our name was given to us for a much more literal reason.That our existence as Aislings -- as dreamers -- was made possible by bringing the dream of another to the land of Temuair through the Aisling Spark. A dream that is fused with a Mundane to create… us, the Aisling.

This is a theory that Aisling Philosophers have been whispering since the first dawning: that this type of connection is the true nature of the Aisling Spark. It is a theory nearly heretical at its core, but doesn't the concept of Heresy, the idea that another existence can manifest into the minds of Aislings, which was formerly enshrined within the very laws of Mileth and Rucesion bely the possibility that this theory might reflect in a shard of truth?

There are interesting philosophical lines of thought to explore here, but beyond that… even if our lives are a combination of another’s dream and a borrowed body,… what does it matter?

I am an Aisling living in the lands of Temuair. It is an existence I have cherished for a long, long time… My life here is independent, unique, and unlike any other. Regardless of how I came into this world; Temuair and its people have fundamentally changed me over time. I have loved and lost, laughed and cried, rejoiced and been hurt more times than I can count. I am willing to accept that my life here sprang from a simple dream, but I refuse to accept the existence that I have built is just an afterthought.

This journey over the many decades has changed me so significantly that I bare almost no resemblance to the awoken dream that laid eyes on Temuair for the first time as a hybrid of new life created through the gift of Deoch.

I hope you, too, feel this way. That your life here is more than a dream destined to be woken up from and forgotten. Let your time here in Temuair change you and alter whatever expectations you had when you first saw with new eyes. This is the unique ability this land wields: providing those with a life they never expected.



No comments:

Post a Comment