Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Deoch Mass - 4-3-2019



It is an honor to stand here, giving praise to Deoch once again.

(Aisling Kurei gave the opening prayer)

From the first awakening and throughout our entire lives, we Aislings are looking for someplace to belong. Unlike the Mundanes from which we are sprung, we Aislings were gifted by Deoch with autonomy; we are able to decide our own destiny and freely seek out a place where we fit.

You are likely in a guild because you feel like you belong there and if you are here maybe it is because you feel like you belong in Deoch’s fellowship or an allied one... or you just like listening to old Aislings talk a lot.

Sometimes, where we feel like we belong changes over time. About the guild we are in, the temple we worship, the people we daydream alongside, or even whether we belong in Temuair at all.

Even if you still feel like you belong, sometime something calls you elsewhere. But change can be difficult and the decision to change even more so.

I was initiated into Deoch’s fellowship in the seventeenth Deoch by a wise priest named Carnaugh. Despite every temple being much more prominent and easily accessible, I felt the call to worship Deoch. I devoted my time as an assistant to High Priest Morrigan’s mass and eventually became a Minister in my own right.

I never stopped feeling like I belonged in Deoch’s fellowship, but through my time with Deoch I found a connection with Danaan and before long a new calling pulled at me. I embraced this calling and left Deoch’s fellowship for a time; but I never lost my passion for the word of Deoch and eventually found my way back again.

The process is a lesson that I took to heart. Should a calling beckon me elsewhere, I do not need to be afraid to follow it. Because no matter what, I will still find my way back to where I belong in the end.

It is not unlike how I still find myself walking in Temuair after these many, many decades. There is a part of me that belongs in Temuair and even though I have been called away many times; yet, here I stand before you today.

It is the core of what makes us Aisling. Always searching for that place we belong and following whatever path we have drawn for ourselves. Do not fear the unknown, for Deoch is with you, and through His gifts. instilled within you, you will always find your way to where you truly belong. 



(Remarks are written, not as delivered)

No comments:

Post a Comment